The Digital Revolution- Internet Revolution

The development of Internet is one of the biggest achievements of Digital revolution. This platform has revolutionized many things in the world. Apart from the knowledge base it provides, the support to the businesses, the improvement in the payment systems and many new kinds of business models developments, medical science, space and technology, everything is now part of the internet. Another development which has been made possible through the internet is connecting to the people.

Websites likes facebook or twitter or applications like whatsapp make it possible through the existence of internet and people are nowadays exploring the idea of promoting the businesses, ideas, creativity through these sites. This has allowed us to think differently and has brought many changes in the human lives. It has allowed the human mind to bring ideas and post them on the internet.

The unbounded contours of the human mind are being relished with the usage of the internet. The internet has not only brought changes in the lives of the haves but also in the lives of the have-nots. At present there are 3.3 billion internet users who access the facility. However, this ratio becomes less when it comes to the developing countries in comparison to the advanced ones.

The total internet users in India are approximately 462 million which is only around 34% of the total population. Whereas in the neighbouring country like Pakistan, the data is 34 million and this is only around 18% of the total Pakistan population. The China which is another big economy in the Asia has the base of 721 million users which is around 52% of the population. This is a huge figure and thus China becomes the largest user of the internet in the whole world in terms of the number of the users. However in terms of the percentage, China is way behind the other developed nations. Thus in the developing countries there are huge opportunities which are still to be unearthed in these countries through the internet.

In the countries like USA, the total number of users is 286 million which 82% of the total population. In the age of the technology, the level of the internet users in terms of the percentage is quite higher in the developed countries. Thus these countries have and added advantage over the developing world. Another developed country in Europe is Germany which has even better coverage and has 71 million users which is approximately 88% of the total population of Germany. They have an added advantage over us since they are better connected!

The strength of the economy is also dependent of these numbers. The penetration level of internet defines the level of education people have in the country. The number of businesses running through the internet and the number of opportunities which can be explored in that country. Where there are much more people engaged in the exchange of the ideas, the economy flourishes. The same can be traced from the data that Japan has. It is one of the biggest economies and has the 115 million user base which is approximately 91% of the total population of the country.

Japan is known for its technological advance and this is corroborated through the data of internet users in the country. The use of the internet also defines the level of prosperity people enjoy in those countries. Ghana has only 19% of the population using the internet and the figures fall for the countries like Chad which have only 2% of the population accessing the internet. Niger is another country where only 2% of the population accesses the internet. In the country like Guinea, the figures are more dismal and only 1% of the population is able to access the internet.

These data form a strong opinion that the relative use of the internet is the guide to the prosperity whether in the country or the region. The level of the penetration becomes a significant fact. It is also one of the core factors to measure the prosperity of any region or country for the bodies like World Bank.

In the present globalized world, the use of the internet is an important factor. In the countries like Ghana and Guinea where the internet users are less, it becomes difficult for the global entrepreneurs or global business houses to see any opportunity existing in those countries since the country is not well connected to the globalised world on internet. These countries often remain dependent on the world aid and they do not become the self sufficient since they do not possess the technological advantages.

Thus for any country to be growing, the use of the internet by its population will be determining factor and will give the edge to one country over the other.

Posts created 60

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Posts

Begin typing your search term above and press enter to search. Press ESC to cancel.

Back To Top