Internet revolution and internet usage facts

The development of Internet is one of the biggest achievements in the life of human being. Many things in the world has revolutionized because of this platform. Apart from the knowledge base it provides, Everything is now a part of the internet. No matter if it’s a support to the businesses, the improvement in payment systems or many new business models developments, medical science, space and technology.

Another development which has been made possible through the internet is connecting to the people. Websites likes google, facebook or twitter or applications like whatsapp make it possible through the existence of internet. In fact, people are nowadays exploring the idea of promoting the businesses, ideas, creativity through these sites.

This make us to think differently and has brought many changes in the human lives. It has allowed the human mind to bring ideas and post them on the internet.



Usage of the Internet

The internet usage is now relishing the unbounded contours of the human mind. It has not only did changes in the lives of the haves but also in the lives of the have-nots. At present there are 3.3 billion internet users who access the facility. However, this ratio becomes less when it comes to the developing countries in comparison to the advanced ones.

The total internet users in India are approximately 462 million which is only around 34% of the total population. Whereas in the neighboring country Pakistan, the data is 34 million which is only around 18% of the total population. The China, another big economy in the Asia has the base of 721 million users which is around 52% of the population.

This is a huge figure and thus China becomes the largest internet user in the whole world in terms of number of users. Though, in terms of the percentage, China is way behind the other developed nations. Hence in the developing countries, there are huge opportunities which are still about to unearth through the internet.

While total number of users in countries like USA is 312 million which is 82% of the total population. In the age of the technology, the level of the internet users as of the percentage is quite higher in the developed countries. Therefore, these countries have and added advantage over the developing world.

Another developed country in Europe is Germany which has even better coverage. It has 71 million users which is approximately 88% of the total population of Germany. They have an additional advantage over us since they are having better connections!

The strength of the economy is also dependent of these numbers. Furthermore, the penetration level of internet defines the level of education people have in the country. In addition, the number of businesses running through the internet and the number of opportunities which can be explored in that country. Where there are much more people engaged in the exchange of the ideas, the economy flourishes.

The same can be traced from the data that Japan has. It is one of the biggest economies and has the 117 million user base which is approximately 91% of the total population of the country. Japan is famous for its technological advance and the data of internet users in the country has verified this. The internet usage also defines the level of prosperity people enjoy in those countries.


Ghana has only 19% of the population using internet and the figures fall for the countries like Chad which have only 2% of the population accessing internet. Niger is another country where just 2% of the population accesses the internet. In the country like Guinea, the figures are more dismal and only 1% of the population is able to access the internet.

Important Internet Factors

These data form a strong opinion that the relative use of the internet is the guide to the prosperity whether in the country or region. The level of the penetration becomes a significant fact. It is also one of the core factors to measure the prosperity of any region or country for the bodies like World Bank.

In the present globalised world, the internet usage is an important factor. Moreover, in countries like Ghana and Guinea, the internet users are less. So, it becomes difficult for the global entrepreneurs or business houses to see any opportunity. Reason for this, the country is not well connected to the globalised world on internet. These countries often remain dependent on the world aid and they do not become the self sufficient since they do not possess the technological advantages.

So for any country to be growing, the use of the internet by its population will be determining factor and will give the edge to one country over the other.

This information you’re getting from Do Speed Test, the #1 internet speed test, broadband speed test and DSL speed test tool on the Web.