Everybody will agree with me when I say “These days life is impossible without the Internet, and you need a good Wireless Router for that”. The only problem is how to find a good router?
To help you find the best wireless routers of 2019, we have done a lot of Internet research and have spent hours and hours checking these Wi-Fi routers. Here are the Top 5 best WiFi routers for you to buy.
Although, not all the given routers are for everyone, as they will dig a big hole in your pockets. But, they are too good to be excluded from the list of best WiFi routers of 2019.
Google WiFi – Best Range covering Wifi System
A router like never seen before! Google Wifi is probably the best router in the market. In fact, calling it a router would be wrong.
- The Google Wifi system has simultaneous dual-band Wifi (2.4GHz / 5GHz) which supports IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac standards
- The 3-pack Google Wifi system is perfect for a large home (3000-4500 square feet)
- You can quickly expand the network by purchasing another Google Wifi unit
- The 710 MHz quad-core processor coupled with 512 MB RAM, ensures excellent network performance
- It has an antenna-less elegant design
- It has two high-speed Gigabit Ethernet ports
- The two ports function as a LAN and WAN port on the primary unit, while on the secondary units both the ports can provide LAN functionality
- You can control the system using Alexa and Google Home voice commands
- Impressive performance on all Wi-Fi bands
- Compact and subtle
- Smart home controlling
- Google account login required while using the Wi-Fi router
D-Link DIR 890L – Best Range Wireless Router
Next on the best router list is D-Link’s DIR 890L. D-Link is a pioneer in creating networking devices. DIR 890L resembles to a racing car. But it is not only the looks that matter, what’s inside is what matters.
The tests showed that the router easy to use, fast and has a good range and speed too. When an external hard drive is added the ability of NAS doubles up.
- Advanced AC SmartBeam with Gigabit Ethernet
- Gigabit WAN and LAN ports for high-speed wired connections
- Two USB ports to connect storage drives
- mydlink to Monitor Your Network
- Enhanced SmartConnect feature prevents older devices from affecting the optimal performance
- mydlink Lite mobile app helps you access, manage and view your network remotely
- Incredibly fast and problem free Wi-Fi with decent range.
- Stellar build quality and amazing aesthetics
- The router is easy to set up and use
- The antennas can’t be detached
- The price might be an issue for some.
TP-Link Talon AD7200 – Latest Technology
The tag of the first 802.11ad router in the market belongs to TP-Link Talon AD7200. The router comes with many other pioneer features that enhance its performance.
The router has so many impressive features though it doesn’t come cheap. Here are some key features that will make you buy it
- The router supports a combined Wi-Fi speed of 7.2 Gbps (Band 1: 800 Mbps @2.4GHz, Band 2: 1733 Mbps @5GHz, Band 3: 4600 Mbps @60GHz)
- While a traditional router can only stream to one device at a time, the Wireless AC and Multi-User MIMO technologies of the Talon AD7200 facilitates simultaneous streaming
- The 1.4 GHz dual-core processor is powerful enough to support multiple users at once
- It has 1 WAN and four high-speed Gigabit Ethernet ports
- The two super speed USB 3.0 ports allow you to transfer files to an external HDD or USB drive directly
- TP-Link provides an easy-to-use one-app solution to set up, manage and update your router
- Impressive performance
- Easy to installation and manage
- Cheaper compared to the NETGEAR Nighthawk X10
- The signal cannot penetrate through walls
- Enormous footprint
Asus RT-AC88U – The Gamers Choice
Asus is known for creating gaming hardware, not many people know that they are also creating some high-end routers and gaming routers too. But the device that we have reviewed for you today is RT-AC88U. The router is just under $300 and is the best router in the market for gamers.
Sleek and stylish looks. Black body with red antennas the router is a delight for the gamers. It gets along with all your gaming consoles.
- Ultra-fast 802.11ac dual-band Wi-Fi router boosts speeds up to 3167 Mbps for low-latency online gaming, smooth 4K UHD video playback and extremely fast file-sharing
- 4×4 antenna design with AiRadar universal beamforming for unrivaled Wi-Fi range
- Intuitive ASUS Router App lets you control your network anywhere, without needing to boot up a PC
- Exclusive built-in game accelerator from WTFast® lets you enjoy smooth gameplay in supported multi-player online games
- AiProtection with Trend Micro™ for triple-strength network security, plus robust Parental Controls and privacy protection
- 8 Gigabit LAN ports for extensive connectivity.
- Link aggregation for up to 2Gbps wired network speeds, so more devices can enjoy faster access
- Revolutionary MU-MIMO technology can connect multiple MU-MIMO-compatible clients at each device’s maximum speed simultaneously.
- AiMesh Supported – Connect to other compatible ASUS routers to create a powerful and flexible whole-home Wi-Fi network
- 8 Gigabit LAN ports that can handle the fastest possible internet
- Highly intuitive
- Easy to use
- USB 3.0 isn’t placed properly
- Mediocre performance when connected with external hard drive
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000 – AC1900 Dual-Band Router
Next on the list is NETGEAR’s Nighthawk R7000, Netgear is known for creating one of the best routers in the world. This is also a dual-band router. The router is designed just like a stealth fighter jet.
The router is AC1900, with 5GHz at speed of 1,300 Mbps and give a speed of 600 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band.
- AC1900 WiFi – 600+1300 Mbps speeds
- 1GHz Dual Core Processor
- Dynamic QoS for the best gaming and video streaming experience
- Prioritized bandwidth for streaming videos or music
- Now with Netgear genie with remote access
- Easy and automatic installation
- Free automatic backup software for Windows PC and Time Machine compatible for Macs
- Beamforming+ improves range and performance
- Unparalleled performance
- An affordable router
- Great build quality
- Little bulky
- At 2.4 GHz band not as good as its competition
- Software features need proper finishing